I have a few more shots of the girls playing. They have so much fun outside with the water table. I didn't want to deal with sand getting everywhere so we filled the table with water and voila!
The kiddie pool is filled and Hattie is excited about it but the water is just too cold. I did let her get in it one evening and of course, Izzy had to get in, too. I stepped in with her, finally got her to put her feet down and she splashed like crazy! After a minute or so in the cold, cold water, I stepped out. As I turned back around to the pool, Izzy's bent forward with her face in the water. It seemed like an eternity as I tried to reach for her and watched as she corrected her stance but then slid under the water. I jumped back in and grabbed her up and out and was crying and holding her nose. I think she got water up her nose as we came out but was ready to get back in after a minute on my lap. I won't let her back in until the water is warm enough for me to stay in with her. The whole ordeal only lasted a few brief seconds but it proves how fast a child can drown, even in a small amount of water.
No comments:
Post a Comment